Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Real



    Just a quick disclaimer, this song is a rap song and it does have some cuss words, so if that's going to offend you just go ahead and skip listening to this one but it would definitely be cool if you still read my post.

    Real is a song by Kendrick Lamar featuring Anna Wise. I like rap a lot, especially when a rapper's songs or albums tell a story. I've seen a lot of people instantly blow off any rap anyone recommends, and that makes me sad. To be honest I used to do this too but listening to rap has actually really helped me identify with lots of people and learn a lot of valuable lessons. Like I said, I like rap.

    So... Back to the song Real, this song, to me at least, is about Kendrick having the realization that his crazy life isn't that fulfilling. It seems like he wants to love himself more, he wants something to keep himself grounded. The crazy lifestyle he illustrates throughout the album good kid, m.A.A.d city seems like the only option when living life in the projects, and it's fun at first, but becomes less and less fun as time goes on.

    I think the point that I relate to most in this song is this: how can you expect to live a fulfilling life that you can enjoy, if you don't love yourself? I've had my fair share of self esteem issues throughout my life, and I've always found my life to be more enjoyable when I find ways to love myself and the person I've become, through the good times and the not so good times. If you love yourself life becomes much better, remember that.

Cheers,
    Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment