Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Holocene

    Oof... This is gonna be a tough one. Holocene by Bon Iver, one of the songs that just hits me right in the feels. This song has been so influential in my life it's hard to find a place to start. Bon Iver is an incredible band founded by Justin Vernon, an amazing man that you should really read up on. Vernon plays just about every instrument imaginable and has an incredible voice.

    In the song Holocene, Bon Iver masterfully paints a scene of brothers getting in a car crash. During the crash one of them realizes that his life wasn't that inspiring, and not that eventful. I know that's kind of a sad topic, but something about this idea inspires me to do my best to make a difference in the world. It makes me want to do things that are worthwhile. It makes me want to bring out these same ideals in others. I love this song.
   
    So I guess if there's one thing you should take from this post it's this: get off the couch and do something worthwhile (I'm typing this while sitting on the couch so I need to work on this as well). But when it all comes down to it, I want to be the difference that I wish to see in the world. So Imma get off the couch and do something.
Cheers,
    Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment