Saturday, September 13, 2014

Far Away

    Far Away is the title of a song by Washed Out, Washed Out aka Ernest Greene is another basement producer that I actually really like. A lot of people consider Greene's music to be a part of the chillwave movement (chillwave being a subgenre somewhere within the electro/electronic genre). I really enjoy Washed Out as well as many other chillwave producers. Something about the soothing synths and almost minimalist structure of the songs makes listening to chillwave give me a chance to relax and think.

    In my post about Bowery by Local Natives, which you can read by clicking here, I talked about how music helps me to feel and move through emotions in a healthy way. The song Far Away by Washed Out is no exception. I think of this song as Greene reminiscing about a missed opportunity, someone being close physically but far away emotionally, he wished he would've bridged that emotional gap to become closer to the said person. I think most anyone has had a situation like this at some point or another. I enjoy the mood Greene sets with the mildly distorted synth chimes and the drawn out violinish tones, it fits well with the message of lost opportunities and sets a somewhat melancholy tone. I find the mood and message of this song easy to relate to, we want to get to know people, but passed up the opportunity when we had it and now it's long gone, and that isn't too good a feeling. Failing to reach out and live through the what ifs is never easy, but there's always next time I guess.

I'm also going to start trying to post daily so I want you all to hold me to that. Remember to comment with suggestions of music for me to talk about, and if it doesn't let you comment just tag me in a tweet! (twitter info is in the sidebar that way ------>)

Cheers,
    Michael

P.S. I think my self diagnosed ADD and sloppy thought processes are poorly effecting my writing style, so bear with me as I learn how to properly put my thoughts down on paper. And if you would like to coach me on writing feel free to comment or tag me in a tweet, I'm very open to constructive criticism!

Cheers again?... yeah I guess so, It makes sense to me so yeah...
    Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment