Saturday, February 14, 2015

Young Adult Friction

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

It's been too long since I've published anything on this. I really want to get something written, so I apologize for the abruptness and messiness of this article. I'll post something of better quality next week.

As the title hints, this post is about The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, specifically their self-titled album released in 2009. My favorite track by them is titled Young Adult Friction, and that hails from that album. I've not only been a fan of their music since I was in middle school, I have also kept an active following over the years.

I was reminded of them again at the end of last year when Days of Abandon was released. For this new album specifically, I really like the track Art Smock. The new album has much more of a dream pop sound, combining wispy guitar melodies and light dreamy vocal layers. This comes in sharp contrast to their earlier albums, which often packed a harder punch with a more punk-rock vibe.

Although the membership of the band has shifted since the original group in 2007, the sound they established and lyrics longing nature still remain. I highly recommend any of their work.

Here is a list of a few of my favorites from over the years:
1.Young Adult Friction
2. Art Smock
3.Gentle Sons
4.Ramona
5. The Tenure Inch

xoxo
C






No comments:

Post a Comment