Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Velour Live Music Gallery


I'm an avid concert goer, I've been to dozens of shows at several different venues but a little venue in Provo Utah called Velour Live Music Gallery is my favorite by far. It's not a big venue, it's actually fairly small, but size doesn't matter. Velour was created by a brilliant man named Corey Fox, who I look up to a lot because one day I want to own a music venue.

Velour is smoke and alcohol free which I really appreciate and it has a really great atmosphere, when you're at Velour, you feel at home. It has a lot of very unique decorations and it truly is a magical place. Whoever said that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth had never heard of Velour.

Velour has done something that seems very rare in the music world today. It has created a family of sorts out of various bands and artists. Whenever I'm at velour I see members of various Provo based bands there to support their fellow bands. It's a network of musicians that is truly amazing.

I could go on for hours about how great Velour really is but it's one of those things that you have to experience for yourself. Go catch a show at Velour. In fact a longtime tradition called Cowboys & Indies is happening this Friday and Saturday night! Both night will be great, I've seen most of the bands that are playing and I can't wait to see them again!

Cheers,
    Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment